The Faculty of Law “Iustinianus Primus” University Ss. Cyril and Methodius
The Faculty of Law “Iustinianus Primus” is the oldest higher education institution in the Republic of Northern Macedonia in the sphere of legal, political and communology sciences. It was established by Decree of the Government of the People’s Republic of Macedonia from November 3, 1951 as a department of the Faculty of Law and Economics at the University of Skopje, and from July 1, 1956, it works as the first, independent higher education institution in the field of law sciences. In 2001, the Faculty of Law, on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of its existence, was renamed the Faculty of Law “Iustinianus Primus” by decision of the Teaching-Scientific Council. In 2016, the Faculty of Law celebrated the 65th anniversary of its existence. The Faculty Day is November 3, the day when the Law and Economy Faculty was established by the Government of the People’s Republic of Macedonia. The Faculty of Law is traditionally celebrating December 10th as an international day of human rights.